Company: First Bankers Trust Services
Send this advisor a private message (esopmarketplace.com email).
Add this advisor to your Process Map
First Bankers Trust Services & ESOP TransactionsMarilyn Marchetti is involved with: Evaluating ESOP transactions independently Accepting employer contributions and collecting income on plan assets Completing participant distributions and pr... Read the blog post >
First Bankers Helps Small Business Owners - TestimonialsFirst Bankers Trust Company is a bank holding company whose primary mission is to help local community businesses and organizations meet financing needs. First Bankers is represented on Family Busines... Read the blog post >
Marilyn Marchetti, J.D.,is corporate advisor, employee benefits counsel at First Bankers Trust Services. Marilyn gained national prominence as an employee benefits attorney in Chicago where she practiced for 20 years in employee benefits law, tax, and ERISA, focusing almost exclusively on ESOPs. She is a past member of the Board of Directors and Board of Governors of the ESOP Association and founded the Illinois Chapter of that organization. She is a frequent speaker and author on subjects relating to fiduciary duties and ESOPs. She is presently a member of the Legislative and Regulatory Committee and Interdisciplinary Committee of the ESOP Association. She joined FBTS in 2011 as an ERISA advisor to the board and is a member of our ESOP practice group.
- Buying and selling of plan assets
- Ensuring that the ESOP loan terms are reasonable and coordinating the scheduled debt service payments
- Hiring the plan advisors and evaluating their opinions
- Voting and/or accepting direction to vote shares of company stock for shareholder meetings
- Monitoring the ESOP’s compliance with the plan and loan documents, trusts, and all applicable laws and regulations
- Evaluating ESOP transactions independently
- Accepting employer contributions and collecting income on plan assets
- Completing participant distributions and providing all the required tax reporting documents to retirees and terminated employees
- Providing statements to all necessary parties in a timely matter