Company: First Bankers Trust Services
Send this advisor a private message (esopmarketplace.com email).
Add this advisor to your Process Map
Employee Benefits for ESOP CompaniesMerri Ash is vice president of First Bankers Trust Services. Merri has more than 34 years experience in employee benefits services. Her past work experience includes work as a senior trust officer wit... Read the blog post >
First Bankers Trust Helps Town Refinance BondFirst Bankers Trust is based in Quincy City, Illinois, and recently helped the city save a significant sum by refinancing a construction loan that city authorities had taken out to build Oakley Lindsa... Read the blog post >
Merri E. Ash is vice president of First Bankers Trust Services. Merri has more than 34 years experience in employee benefits services. Her past work experience includes work as a senior trust officer with SunTrust Bank, employee benefits consultant with Wyatt Company, benefits manager with Jonathon Corporation, an ESOP company and team leader and senior benefits consultant with the National Automobile Dealers Association. Ms. Ash is a past chairperson for the Administrative Advisory Committee of The ESOP Association, current Board of Governors member for the National ESOP Association and current Board of Trustees member for the Employee Ownership Foundation. Merri has been with FBTS since 2002.
- Buying and selling of plan assets
- Ensuring that the ESOP loan terms are reasonable and coordinating the scheduled debt service payments
- Hiring the plan advisors and evaluating their opinions
- Voting and/or accepting direction to vote shares of company stock for shareholder meetings
- Monitoring the ESOP’s compliance with the plan and loan documents, trusts, and all applicable laws and regulations
- Evaluating ESOP transactions independently
- Accepting employer contributions and collecting income on plan assets
- Completing participant distributions and providing all the required tax reporting documents to retirees and terminated employees
- Providing statements to all necessary parties in a timely matter