Robert H. Hicks, Jr.
Company: Acclaro Valuation Advisors
Title: Managing Director
p: (623) 208-7270
f: (402) 896-0845
Send this advisor a private message (esopmarketplace.com email).
Add this advisor to your Process Map
Robert H. Hicks, Jr., has provided valuation and consulting services to privately held businesses since 1992 and has over 35 years of experience in the financial services industry. He specializes in employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) valuations and other business transition planning, tax-driven valuations, mergers and acquisitions, and investment banking.
Mr. Hicks is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) who holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) credentials.
Before joining Acclaro Valuation Advisors, Mr. Hicks was the Managing Director of Kurios Financial Advisory, LLC, which he founded in 2005 as a boutique business valuation, appraisal and financial advisory services firm serving clients up and down the West Coast. With the merger of Kurios and Acclaro in July 2012, Mr. Hicks comes on board as a Managing Director, heading up Acclaro’s Phoenix office. He brings a depth of transactional experience and a consultative and problem solving approach to Acclaro.
- B.S., Accounting and Finance, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1976
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Consultative support for ESOP feasibility analysis, including preliminary transaction valuations, and financial advisory services related to transactional structure, financing, tax planning, and other matters
- Valuations and other related financial advisory services supporting ESOP transactions, including fairness opinions, encompassing valuation, post transaction management compensation structure, and seller financing structure
- Valuations for annual ESOP updates
- Valuations for other exit planning strategies
- Consultative problem solving for ESOP trustees in repurchase liability funding, sponsor refinancing, management compensation, and related matters.
Mr. Hicks is an active member of the ESOP Association, the National Center for Employee Ownership, the American Society of Appraisers, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and its Forensics and Valuation Section.